A Unique Investment Opportunity in an SME Corporate Access Fund
❖ The Fund is a SARS registered Section 12J Venture Capital Company in South Africa and offers investors tax deductible investing.
❖ We invest a min. of R250,000 in businesses / SMEs on ESD programmes or with guaranteed corporate contracts. In addition, we allocate from R1 mil per round for follow-on rounds and for post-revenue businesses with great concepts & strong founding/management team operating in the consumer, technology and innovation sectors.
❖ Target Returns (IRR) for Investors of +35% p.a (incl. the tax benefit) over a 5-6 year period.
❖ Strong and experienced fund management team and board of directors / advisors.
❖ B-BBEE Level 1 contributor & black-managed firm with a focus on supporting emerging black entrepreneurs
❖ Provide Mentor Capital, business support & networks through our Savvy Business Village programmes
>> INVEST IN OUR FUND AND CLAIM A FULL TAX DEDUCTION FROM SARS UNDER SECTION 12J OF THE INCOME TAX ACT <<
The fund is a registered Section 12J VCC (FSP 48248; VCC-0061) in South Africa. It focuses on early stage investments in South Africa. It is set up as a private company in the Republic of South Africa and offers tax resident investors a tax deduction for making the investment in the company. The fund focuses on early stage & emerging, high growth SMEs with a maximum book value of ZAR50 mil.
- Our focus is on early-stage & emerging, consumer facing, innovative, high growth companies
- We invest in 3 key themes that are tap into innovation and solutions for Africa
- Our 3 themes are then refined into 6 specific sectors we have chosen to focus on. Our sector focus further strengthens our investment case to support ventures:
- that have a direct positive impact on society,
- tap into the positive demographic dividend in Africa,
- use innovation and technology to tap into / expand markets and
- offer a chance for early stage investors to earn above average returns.
o Deal Size (ESD): R250,000 in businesses / SMEs on ESD programmes, or with corporate or public sector contracts for minimum 5% equity stake;
o Deal Size (VC): From ZAR1 mil (or $100,000, ex SA) upwards per round in all other post-Revenue ventures.
o Equity Stake / Investment (VC): 20 – 50%
o Funding Type: Equity or quasi-Equity
Invest in the future of South Africa and participate in the growth of its top fast-growing & job-creating SMEs!
Invest in Savvy Venture Capital.
Savvy Venture Capital is a Section 12J Venture Capital Company that offers a unique opportunity to earn enhanced returns with limited capital risk featuring:
- Upfront tax relief of up to 45% (for individuals) and 28% (for companies) in the financial year of investment;
- Ability to carry forward amount of investment exceeding taxable income as a tax loss in future years;
- Returns of capital not subject to recoupment if Venture Capital Shares held for at least five years;
- Experienced Board and Management Team with a successful track record of investment management, driving growth, creating value and managing third party assets;
- A strong pipeline of opportunities in South Africa;
- Opportunity to list SavvyVC on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange or Alt X.
- Targeted annual return of 35% (incl. tax benefit);
- Annual dividend received by Investor;
- Investments in a portfolio of emerging businesses operating in 6 consumer focused sectors businesses and operating in South Africa;
- Investment strategy based on tapping into fast growing, people-facing sectors of the economy:
- FMCG (Consumer)
- FinTech / Technology
- Social Touch (Education & Healthcare Solutions)