The fund is a registered Section 12J VCC (FSP 48248; VCC-0061) in South Africa. It focuses on early stage investments (mainly in South Africa) between US$100k (ZAR1mil) and US$1 mil (ZAR15 mil). It is set up as a private company in the Republic of South Africa and offers tax resident investors a tax deduction for making the investment in the company. The fund focuses on early stage & emerging, high growth SMEs with a maximum book value of ZAR50 mil.
At least 80% of the fund is invested in South Africa, with individual investments going up to US$1 mil / R15 mil.
o Deal Size: Between ZAR1 mil (or $100,000, ex SA) and ZAR15 mil (or $1 mil ex SA)
o Equity Stake / Investment: 20 – 50%
o Funding Type: Equity
- Our focus is on early-stage & emerging, consumer facing, innovative, high growth companies
- We invest in 3 key themes that are tap into innovation and solutions for Africa
- Our 3 themes are then refined into 6 specific sectors we have chosen to focus on. Our sector focus further strengthens our investment case to support ventures:
- that have a direct positive impact on society,
- tap into the positive demographic dividend in Africa,
- use innovation and technology to tap into / expand markets and
- offer a chance for early stage investors to earn above average returns.
Invest in the future of South Africa and participate in the growth of its top fast-growing & job-creating SMEs!
Invest in Savvy Venture Capital.
Savvy Venture Capital is a Section 12J Venture Capital Company that offers a unique opportunity to earn enhanced returns with limited capital risk featuring:
- Upfront tax relief of up to 45% (for individuals) and 28% (for companies) in the financial year of investment;
- Ability to carry forward amount of investment exceeding taxable income as a tax loss in future years;
- Returns of capital not subject to recoupment if Venture Capital Shares held for at least five years;
- Experienced Board and Management Team with a successful track record of investment management, driving growth, creating value and managing third party assets;
- A strong pipeline of opportunities in South Africa;
- Opportunity to list SavvyVC on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange or Alt X.
- Targeted annual return of 20%;
- Annual dividend received by Investor;
- Investments in a portfolio of emerging businesses operating in 6 consumer focused sectors businesses and operating in South Africa;
- Investment strategy based on tapping into fast growing, people-facing sectors of the economy:
- FMCG (Consumer)
- FinTech / Technology
- Social Touch (Education & Healthcare Solutions)