Savvy Business Village (“SBV”) provides advisory and support services to businesses and entrepreneurs (conducted through an acceleration programme) in South Africa and across the African continent. SBV provides a 6-month acceleration programme for businesses that fit our sector, geographical and investment criteria and also supports our portfolio companies on an ongoing basis.
Who Are We Looking for?
- Ventures with full time involvement by founders.
- You have been in business (formally or informally) for a year or more.
- Your business operates in one or more of our 6 sector focuses.
- You have a proven / track record of success.
- You have a cash generative business model with clear competitive advantages.
- Your business doesn’t operate in an excessively over-regulated industry
- Your business can be scaled up and has the potential to be financially sustainable.
What Do We Offer You?
- Modular Programme for 6 months during First Year Acceleration Period
- Bankable Business Plan
Our team works closely with the founders to provide a tailored business plan suiting the needs of each business. All plans will include detailed financial statements, competitive analysis, product and market analysis – amongst others.
- Business Strategic Planning
After creating your business plan, we will be in a position to identify the strategic challenges and opportunities that your enterprise is facing. Our team will create a strategic consulting package tailored to your specific needs and support you through important business decisions.
- Business Support & Systems
Our team works with businesses to implement various internal systems including the following:
- Accounting, Audit & Bookkeeping Systems
- Legal and regulatory advice
- HR strategy, staff recruitment and performance evaluation systems;
- Marketing and promotion strategies (incl. website & brand design)
- Technology and Information Management Strategies
Our programme pairs our ventures / founders with expert business mentors who provide one-on-one advice during the Implementation phases of the programme. Our mentors are sourced from various parts of the continent and primarily assist in implementing business plans, strengthening financial management and ensuring that all plans and action items are followed through.
If you would like to become a Savvy Business Village Mentor, please click below:
- Improving Business Processes
Our team will perform on-going & thorough reviews of your venture’s production or other business processes, identify areas of potential efficiency and recommend solutions to improve revenue and reduce costs.
- Fundraising and Pitching Prep
We take our ventures through training on how to prepare to VCs and other funders through our programme ‘Pitching Ideas for Investment’. Our team will also support founders on researching potential investors, pitch development, proposal writing, and personal coaching to get the founders ready for pitching.
- On-going Events and Networking
Our ‘Savvy Speaker’ evening & ‘Pitch Nights’ will be open to all ventures in our programme for participation. This also includes regular business workshops and meetups (covering various topics – e.g. The Art of Pitching, Business Leadership, Shareholder Agreements / Legal Partnerships, etc)
- Co-working space (*future)
Our first business village (centre) will be located in Johannesburg with plans to roll out more business centres in other South African cities and across the rest of the continent. We hope our centre can be the ideal & preferred working space for entrepreneurs both living in and those visiting Johannesburg (particularly if it helps support intra-Africa business transactions and networking).
- Direct access to Seed & Venture Capital Funding
As part of the Savvy Investment Group, SBV is able to directly refer founders to the Incubation and Venture Capital funds for possible funding. This unique opportunity allows ventures to be mentored and incubated in an environment most conducive to receiving advice on how to raise funding from VCs.
- Apply to Join Savvy Business Village Accelerator Programme
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
- We will contact you only if you meet our investment criteria (including, Sector focus, Geography / Location, Stage of Business, Post Revenue and other – as stated)
- Applicants must have a registered business (with proof such as CIPC documents); Applicants must be over the age of 18 and must be in possession of a valid South African / Relevant identity document.
- The online application process is only the first step and so should you be successful we will require further documentation, meetings and discussions, due diligence process (as per our stated investment process) and all other relevant information.
- We are a private fund with a strong responsibility to our investors and partners. To this end decisions made by our investment committee / selection team are final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into following the final decision and by submitting an application the applicant agrees not to challenge or appeal against such decisions.
- Savvy Venture Partners, Savvy Capital Partners and all related companies and their associated companies, sponsors and contractors shall not be liable for any costs of whatsoever nature incurred by the applicant for any reason whatsoever in relation to the SBV Accelerator Programme or application for venture capital funding.
- By applying to join the programme (SBV Accelerator Programme) the applicant agrees that their identity (name, business logo, brief details about their business) may be published on any online or printed marketing material used to market and promote the programme.
- Incomplete applications will unfortunately not be accepted and no further correspondence will be sent to the applicant.
- Any information collected by this online form is used solely for Savvy Partners’ accelerator / funding purposes and none of the information will be sold to third parties.
- It is our policy as Savvy Capital Partners and Savvy Venture Partners not to sign any Confidentiality Agreements / NDAs with applicants. Your information will be kept confidential however NDAs may prevent us from engaging with future and current potential investee companies which would prejudice our investors, funders and partners.
- Applicants acknowledge that by applying for Funding and/or SBV programme and submitting this form, they agree to all of the terms and conditions stated above.