Savvy Partners is Savvy Venture Partners (Pty) Ltd. and Savvy Capital Partners (Pty) Ltd.
Savvy Venture Partners is a venture capital and business advisory firm based in Johannesburg, SA and Maputo, Mozambique. The company is a Level 1 B-BBEE contributor and 100% black-owned firm.
In addition to holding its on-balance sheet venture investments, Savvy Venture Partners advises the Savvy Venture Capital Fund I (FSP 48248) which focuses on early stage investments of up to US$1 mil / R15 mil in South Africa, Rest of SADC and selected countries in East Africa.
The business advisory activities are conducted through its Accelerator, Savvy Business Village. Through its internal Founders (Incubation) Fund, the company holds direct interest in ventures that are still at seed stage. These ideas, projects and companies are held as part of the firm’s on-balance sheet investment portfolio with the average investment size ranging from US$5,000 to US$50,000.
Savvy Business Village advises enterprises on business strategy, finance and technology through our 6-month Accelerator programme. The programmes offer business support for promising start-ups and early stage companies, including possible follow-on investment by our (and other) venture funds.
Savvy Capital Partners is an alternative and frontier market investment management firm and serves as the group’s investment manager. The company currently manages the Savvy Venture Fund I and is currently raising the Savvy Africa PIPE Fund.
- Savvy Venture Fund I (The fund is a registered Section 12J VCC (FSP 48248; VCC-0061) in South Africa. It focuses on early stage investments (mainly in South Africa) between US$100k (ZAR1mil) and US$1 mil (ZAR15 mil) in South Africa, Rest of SADC and selected countries in East Africa)
- Savvy Africa Opportunities Fund (a Private Equity vehicle (LP) which focuses on growth & expansion capital between US$3 mil and US$ 30 mil across the African continent).
Savvy Capital Partners (Pty) Ltd. is an authorised Financial Services Provider (FSP 47931)
Vision & Mission
- To be a leading investor, venture capitalist and business partner in growing African enterprises.
- To help unlock value in society through entrepreneurial development.
- To direct global capital towards Africa and further develop capital markets on the continent.
- To deliver our stated investment objectives and returns for our shareholders,
partners and investee companies.
- To offer smart, savvy and strategic business advisory and consulting to our client, portfolio companies and partners.
￼￼￼￼Our focus is on early-stage & emerging, consumer facing, high growth companies We favour six sectors that have a direct positive impact on society.